Purpose of the call
The offices supporting EvalForward are seeking an individual consultant to carry out an external review of the Community of Practice in 2022 after over three years of operation. The main purpose of this external review is to assess the CoP’s relevance and achievements to date and to provide lessons and recommendations on the way forward of the EvalForward.
Since 2018, the offices of evaluation of FAO, WFP, IFAD and the CGIAR have supported EvalForward, a Community of Practice (CoP) on Evaluation for Food security, Agriculture & Rural Development. EvalForward is intended to offer opportunities to people and institutions around the globe to strengthen their awareness, understanding and knowledge of evaluation as it relates to food security and agriculture. It does so via the exchange of experience and best practices, networking and knowledge sharing.
The consultant will be responsible for conducting the review under the overall responsibility of the Steering Group composed of representatives of supporting offices.
Tasks and responsibilities, timeframe
- Review relevant background documentation made available by the CoP facilitator;
- Prepare the inception note including the evaluation matrix, data collection methods and tools (guiding questions, questionnaire …);
- Conduct the data collection through interviews, focus group discussions etc with EvalForward stakeholders, including Steering Group and Executive Group, partners and members as appropriate;
- Present the preliminary findings, in the form of a PowerPoint or similar product;
- Prepare the draft report;
- Integrate comments received and finalize the report
- Present the evaluation results to the Steering Group and Executive Group and key stakeholders as required.
The review is expected to start late March or early April 2022 to be concluded within 6 months.
Candidates will be assessed against the following
- Advanced university degree and/or university degree in social sciences, communication, or other relevant disciplines.
- At least 5 years of experience in conducting evaluations and reviews, ideally including of Communities of Practice, knowledge management, capacity development.
- Excellent knowledge of English. Working knowledge of French is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with institutional set-up in sectors core to EvalForward (agriculture, food security and rural development) in developing countries, and agricultural research for development context.
- Familiarity with the international evaluation agenda.
- Extent and relevance of experience in knowledge management.
- Extent and relevance of experience in facilitating multi-stakeholder processes.
To apply please send your CV to: email@example.com by 1st March 2022
MAIS INFORMAÇÕES: https://www.evalforward.org/node/729